Value-Added Assessment Reviews and Technical Reports
- Ballou, Dale. "Sizing Up Test Scores." Education Next. Summer 2002.
- Braun, Henry I. “Using Student Progress to Evaluate Teachers: A Primer on Value-Added Models,” Educational Testing Service - Policy Information Center. September 2005.
- Braun, Henry. “Value-Added Modeling: What Does Due Diligence Require?,” Educational Testing Service. December 20, 2004.
- Bock, R. Darrel, Wolfe, Richard, and Fisher, Thomas. "Review and Analysis of the Tennessee Value Added Assessment System." (part one) Tennessee: Office of Education Accountability (Nashville, TN), 1996.
Fisher, Thomas H. "A Review and Analysis of the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System." (part two) Tallahassee, FL: Florida Department of Education: 1996.
- Doran, Harold C., "Value-Added Models and Adequate Yearly Progress: Combining Growth and Adequacy in a Standards-based Environment." Council of Chief State School Officers Annual Large-Scale Assessment Conference. Boston, Massachusetts. June 8, 2004
- Education Trust. "The Real Value of Teachers." Thinking K-16. 8.1(2004): 3.
- Hanushek, Eric, Kain, John and Rivkin, Steve. "Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement." Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1998.
- Harville, David A. "A Review of the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS)" Iowa State University. June 6, 1995.
- Kain, John. "The Impact of Individual Teachers and Peers on Individual Student Achievement." APPAM 20th Annual Research Conference. Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management. Grand, Hyatt, New York. 31 Oct. 1998.
- Kupermintz, Haggai. "Teacher Effects and Teacher Effectiveness: A Validity Investigation of the Tennessee Value Added Assessment System." Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis. 25.2 (2003): 287-209.
- Leisch, Friedrich. "Editorial." R News. 3.3 (2003): 1.
- Lockwood, J.R., Doran, Harold and McCaffrey, Daniel. "Using R for Estimating Longitudinal Student Achievement Models." R News. 3.3 (2003): 17.
- McCaffrey, Daniel, Lockwood, J.R., Koretz, Daniel, and Hamilton, Laura. "Evaluating Value-Added Models for Teacher Accountability." An Education Report by the Rand Corporation (prepared for the Carnegie Corporation), 2004.
- Rubin, Donald B., Stuart, Elizabeth A., and Zanutto, Elaine L., "A Potential Outcomes View of Value-Added Assessment in Education." November 2003
- Sanders, William. "Beyond No Child Left Behind." 2003 Annual Meeting. American Educational Research Association. Chicago. 2003.
- Sanders, William and Horn, Sandra. "Research Findings from the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS) Database: Implications for Educational Evaluation and Research." Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education. 12.3 (1998): 247-256.
- Sanders, William and Rivers, June. "Research Progress Report: Cumulative and Residual Effects Of Teachers on Future Student Academic Achievement: Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System." Nov.1996. University of Tennessee Value-Added Research and Assessment Center. 5 Nov.2002 (www.mdk12.org ).
- Sanders, William, Saxton, Arnold, Schneider, John, Dearden, Boyd, Wright, S. Paul, and Horn, Sandra. "Effects of Building Change on Indicators of Student Achievement Growth: Tennessee Value -Added Assessment System." University of Tennessee Value-Added Research and Assessment Center. 5 Nov.2002 (www.mdk12.org )
- Stroup, Walter. "Assessment of the Statistical Methodology Used in the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System." Knoxville, TN: Tennessee Value-Added Research and Assessment Center: 1995.
- Value-Added Assessment Special Issue, Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, Volume 29 No 1, Spring 2004